MonkeyTalk components, Features and Benefits, Installing MonkeyTalk script agents ide
Monkey talk is a functional mobile testing tool, and its used for Mobile Application testing. Monkeytalk support the iOS and Android platforms. It also support the iOS 4.0 or the greater and Android 2.2. or greater than these.
Following Three components are used for Monkey Talk :-
→ MonkeyTalk IDE = It is used to record or playback to test the script
→ MonkeyTalk Agents = It's a type of library that should be added to active the testing. These agents are varies and depend on different -2 platform i.e. iOS and android. Actually agent activate the application to record and then play the Monkey Talk commands.
→ MonkeyTalk Script = All the actions contains in script, with the help of script you can test the a to z overall functionalities of any apps. Monkeytalk script can be developed in following three form which are provided below:
b. Using tabular form
- Using the MonkeyTalk form (In single line format, one line considered as a one command)
Features and the benefits of Monkeytalk:
- It's a open source tool mean it is free for download and user can use it free
- It's very powerful and complete functional mobile testing tool
- Same script can be used on both the iOS and Android apps mean recording on iOs and playback on Android is possible and vice versa.
- Monkey Talk is very easy and simple to learn and use
- An average minded person also can understand the monkeytalk script.
- Expertise is not required or mandatory for its programming
- Both tablets and phones are supported to it, either tethered or the over network etc.
- Monkeytalk Script can be easily extend, even by non programmers or non technical person, with the help of custom user defined command. Its a Keyword driven script.
- Monkeytalk also support the concept of looping. Any command can be loop with the help of csv file. It called the Data Driven script.
- Both XML and HTML report can be generate with the help of this tool. Test suits result output the standard XML report and it can capture the screen shots for the failure cases.
Installing the Monkey Talk:
Simply Download the MonkeyTalk Zip file from following url → http://www.gorillalogic.com/testing-tools/monkeytalk/download and simply unzip the file on your System
MOBILE APPS QTP TESTING QUESTIONS MANUAL TESTING ANDROID APPS